Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Vacation flew by...

I just realized that I am thoroughly enjoying expressing my thoughts via a blog, it is therapeutic and keeps me motivated.

Back from vacation and getting ready for the next step, I used my vacation time to enjoy those foods I have decided to never eat again after starting my program.  Mind you I did not go crazy but I definitely savored a few of my favorite comfort foods.  my husband recommended that I make "a list" of those foods I wish to remove from my eating habits.  I am sure if the psychologist read this she would shake her head and say "typical" attempt at making lifestyle changes and behaviors changes, but I am doing it anyway..

So I made a list:

Title: The foods I will eat before my journey begins
  • Ice Cream (which I ate every day on my vacation at the cottage)
  • a Big Mac
  • Chocotates
  • Chips
  • Slushies (Pepsi at that)
  • White Bread
  • Fried Foods
  • Sweets & Pastries
This is just a sample of what is on this list but as I read back on my list I said to myself - there is not one "healthy" food on this list.  No wonder I am obese.  I plan on taking this list with me to all sessions and appointments as I truly do not want to go back to these foods.  Wait a minute I think I should say that I CANNOT go back to these foods because obviously they are a reason for where I am today. I have already had at least one of each item on the list so far...
I said to myself that when I got back from vacation I would start slow and wean myself off these tempting foods, I am doing it but damn it is hard.  No wonder we will be on a liquid diet for 12 weeks, it will take this long to break me of my habits.  I know it will work for me though.

I have my final physician assessment scheduled for September 12th, I know it will be brief but it brings me that much closer to the start date!  After September 12th it will be a waiting game for the official start date of my group.
Until then I will continue to "wean" myself off of those foods I will no longer eat and get myself ready for the next step!


No comments:

Post a Comment