Thursday, March 21, 2013

Week 19

Its finally spring!!!
Two weeks into transition and feeling great. Last night I lost another 4 lbs for a total of 75 to date. This past week I was able to introduce breakfast which I must say is my favourite meal so far, there is not much thought put into it at this point. My go to staple breakfasts are oatmeal with either berries or a piece of fruit cut up in it with almonds or a boiled egg for protein. Weekends I like to mix it up with an egg white and quinoa omelette with sautéed veggies and a tablespoon of homemade salsa. This past week my fullness feeling has slowed down which is allowing me to eat my full exchanges as expected to do so.

For this next week I am still having two shakes a day, I find I am looking forward to those two shakes. I have one for lunch and then again in the late evening as a snack. Having two shakes gives me the opportunity to still be flexible with my supper meal. If I have a commitment or appointment around the supper hour I move my lunch shake to supper and have supper for lunch and that is working out ok. But with that being said I am pretty sure it will be an adjustment when I introduce another meal next week. Having the shakes are easy, throw in the purse and go and not think about it. Obviously that can't last, the shakes must end.

Tonight I have a scheduled dietitian appointment with our program dietitian and I cannot wait. I am feeling very confident in my ability to make good choices at this point. But I am not going to lie, I am a little bit nervous about tonight and finding out what my final caloric intake will be after transition and whether or not I will physically be able to consume the amount of food they may want me to when I am already having trouble with such little food I am having now. I hope she is able to guide me with the right decisions ad be realistic.





No comments:

Post a Comment